23.12.08

Christmas Cookies


I decided to have some Christmas fun making Christmas cookies. Along with these, I made some pretty great memories with my Papa who sat at the kitchen table talking to me, and sleeping on the floor, while I listened to my favorite Christmas music and baked my cookies. Once they had been cooked, I was just going to frost them simply and quickly, but after a while, I began to really enjoy myself. I grabbed some toothpicks to give the frosting texture and created the fur on the top of the red stocking. Then, I carefully created a red and white candy cane and it went from there. It was a lot of fun. The only downside is I have only decorated about nine cookies in the last hour... At least their pretty!

I got the sugar cookie recipe from AllRecipes.com. They were really delicious with a hint of nutmeg and almond flavoring. I suggest both the recipe for the cookie and the frosting. Delicious.

Is the picture big enough, Camie? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Daaaang girl! Those are some freaking delicious looking cookies! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great size, but jeff is complaining about the date...
    so, brining some of those over???
    they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete