8.3.09

my first softie


While staying at Melinda's, she gave me a sewing book called Stitched in Time. It had a little blue horse called "Softie." This intrigued me, and so I started looking online for different ideas for softies. I tried to make the horse, but I am definitely not very skilled YET in hand-sewing.

So, I found this simple owl pattern, and decided to try something simple before I dived into the horse.

This was my first softie. I hope there will be many more. The stitching on the top was not too professional, but hey, it's a first time thing, right?

Any tips?

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty much a super cute owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is adorable! The picture does not do it justice. You did a great job. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice miss lindsay!
    you should also check out this book
    -Softies: Simple Instructions for 25 Plush Pals (Spiral-bound)-
    i've seen it at barnes & noble. the patterns are fairly easy, and super cute.
    keep it up it will only get easier.

    ReplyDelete